7.3.09

"Pay Attention" by Emily Nudge



there around me - holding life in its hand
i see it only if i pay attention
it spends 90 percent of its life invisible
it sure doesn't cost me to pay attention
what kind of attention is needed for me to pull the wool from my eyes?

there around me - "my" life is in its hand - why don't I pay attention?
i see it only if i paid attention
is there a class I can take in "pay attention"
would i get an A?
what would the syllabus read like? a long list of anti-excuses?

nature, you are invisible but always there - around me
do you pay attention to me?
do we need to pay attention to each other in order to keep life in your hand?
how long will the hand stay there holding life if no one pays attention?

holding life in its hand - invisible to the naked eye - PAY ATTENTION

1 comment:

Carol W. said...

Beautiful! Lots to think about.